The purpose of the Educational Technology Advisory Committee (ETAC) is to provide the Board of Education [Board] with a Littleton Public Schools (LPS) community perspective regarding the use of technology for student learning, technology program priorities, and advise the Board regarding district-wide technology systems. The Committee is also charged with advising the Board regarding the Educational Technology/Information Literacy Plan and monitoring compliance with state and federal laws.
The responsibilities of the Committee include:
- Aid and advise the Board and the Chief Information Officer in the following matters:
- Maintenance of the District’s Educational Technology/Information Literacy (ET/IL) Plan to enable the District to fulfill federal and state laws and rules governing the filing of such plan with the Colorado Department of Education.
- Advise the Board concerning long-range planning, guiding priorities, budgetary considerations, and evaluation of technology services and programs.
- To develop the Committee’s annual charge, including areas of study, in cooperation with the Board.
- To assist the Board in communicating the district’s plans and accomplishments to the community.