Eligible employees may elect to participate in the voluntary Vision Service Plan (VSP) at their own expense. The district does not contribute toward this plan:
- Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- One eye exam per year (12 months)
- Lens every year (12 months)
- Frames every two years (24 months)
- Using a participating provider will result in the highest level of benefit under the plan
- If you drop VSP coverage once you have enrolled, you must wait to reenroll until the first annual open enrollment period following a four-year waiting period.
You must complete the enrollment form, indicating your election, in order to be enrolled in this plan. If you do not enroll upon hire, your next opportunity to enroll will be during an open enrollment period unless you have a change in family /employment status. You can enroll dependents only if you enroll yourself. You and/or dependents do not need to be enrolled in health, dental, or life insurance group plans to be enrolled in the vision plan. Refer to summary plan description for detailed information.